The department of Var was placed on alert orange heatwave Thursday, June 26 from 16:00.
Be vigilant. Here are some behavioral tips:
• If you feel unwell or have a problem with your behavior, call a doctor.
• If you need help call CCAS.
• If you have elderly, chronically ill or isolated people around you, check in with them or visit them twice a day. Join them in a cool place.
• During the day, close shutters, curtains and windows. Air at night
• Use fan and / or air conditioning if you have one. Otherwise try to go in a cool or air conditioned (supermarkets, cinemas ...) two to three hours a day.
• Wet your body several times a day with a fogger, washcloth or shower or bath.
• Drink lots of water several times a day if you are an adult or a child, and about 1.5L of water a day if you are a senior.
• Continue to eat normally.
• Do not go out at the hottest hours (11am to 9pm).
• If you must go out, wear a hat and light clothing
• Limit your physical activities.