This feast of Saint-Michel dates from the Middle Ages. It embodied the expiration of rural leases, hence the expression "at Saint Michel everyone moves".
Along with the Foire de la Laine, the Feux de la Saint-Jean and the Fête du Village, it remains one of the pillars of the Grimaudoise tradition. One of his highlights standing the test of the passing time…
To preserve the symbolism of this heritage festival, a garage sale is associated with a craft market on the three main squares of Grimaud.
The religious tradition is also preserved. A Provençal Mass followed by a procession still honors the patron saint of the city today.
And to complete the party, throughout the day, to the sounds of fifes, galoubets and tambourines, come and enjoy our many activities.
Detailed program :
- All day :
o Craft market (more than 30 exhibitors) (Place Neuve and Place de l'Eglise)
o Garage sales (Place Vieille) (=> registration for garage sales open to all, on the Grimaud Tourist Office website, Ticketing section)
o Wooden games (Church Square)
o Provencal music wandering throughout the village
But also :
- 10:00 a.m.: Passo Carriero (parade) by the Provençal folkloric group Escandihado, departing from the street of the old schools, and towards the Church of St-Michel
- 10:30 a.m.: Provençal Mass, at the Church of St-Michel
- 11:00 a.m.: Provençal stilt walker, departing from Place de la Place Neuve
- 11:30 a.m.: Procession of St-Michel, with the Escandihado, departing from the Church of St-Michel, and towards the Chapel of St-Roch, the Town Hall, and Place Neuve
- 12:15 p.m.: Provençal dance show by the Escandihado, under the kiosk of Place Neuve
- 1 p.m.: Aperitif of honor offered by the Grimaud Animations association, on Place Neuve
- 1:00 p.m.: Provençal stilt walker, departing from the Place de l'Eglise
- 3:00 p.m.: Provençal dance show by the Escandihado, under the kiosk of Place Neuve
- 3:30 p.m.: Provençal stilt walker, departing from Place Neuve
- 4:00 p.m.: Provençal Lou Baléti, by the Sons of Provence, under the bandstand in Place Neuve
- 5:00 p.m.: Provençal stiltwalkers, departing from Place Neuve